Seiten

Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017

Solo parenting

For five days, DH was away in Berlin to work his ass off. Which meant, I was solo parenting and at first it was a bit overwhelming to think about it. Because since I got sick, I was NEVER responsible for both my kids on my own for mor than 48 hours. I was worried, if I'd manage. Also, I was pissed, because it was a public holiday and long weekend. I like to spend those days as a family, but sometimes you don't get what you want.

So on Friday morning, DH went to Berlin and left me in charge.

Friday was good, because I went to work, the kids to school and daycare and it was just a normal day of the week.
Then the long weekend started and we spent it with lots of activities and fun. We went out for dinner, went shopping at the mall, went to the zoo and stayed up a bit longer than usual.

I loved our early nights, when Little L was in bed and Big L and me watched movie after movie and had way too much sweets. I hardly see my big boy, because he is running wild and free this summer, but every night he was there for a movie he got to chose. We watched teenage movies and romances and sometimes stuff with action. Afterwards, we would go to bed (he slept with me) and chat about the movies and our day. We would fall asleep happy and in the middle of the night Little L would come over and snuggle in with us.

It was an intensive time for the kids and me and I enjoyed it so much. Of course, it was a holiday and we had nowhere to be, so it was relaxed and easy.

Solo parenting is easy when you know that your better half is coming back in five days. I can only imagine how exhausting it must be, when you are a fulltime single mom or dad. In case you are such a parent, you got my biggest respect. You are wonderful and enough and doing a great job!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen