Seiten

Montag, 19. Juni 2017

Important to me

Today in class, we talked about wishes and dreams and what's important to us. That made me remember one of my very favorite songs by Joey & Rory. And it made me think about what really is important to me. Here are my top three.

Health. Yes, that sounds simple and we easily forget, but being healthy is the most important thing in life. It comes before family and friends and everything else. Without health, nothing is important. Without a healthy body, you cannot dance at festivals. In case your upper limbs are involved, you cannot hug someone special or tie your own shoes. Without mental health you cannot love and laugh and feel. So yes, health is the most important thing to me. And I am still learning to do so, but it is my top priority. Being good to myself. Body and soul. That's where it all starts.

Family. Where would I be without my family? Like all the many people that are special in my life. Starting with mom and dad. My husband and kids. My in-laws, my brother and his family, my cousin and aunts and uncles. And great-granny! There is a place in my heart for all of them. And I know from experience that they would do a hell of a lot for me, too. My world moves around my family and I know how lucky I am to have all my beloved ones still around.

Being me. Sometimes, getting older sucks. But sometimes, it is also a very good thing. The older I get, the more I fell like really being me. Doing what I really love. Being happy with myself. All of me. My heart and my body. I might not be perfect, I might wear size 14, but I am good the way I am. I am enough. And so are you. My journey from PPD back to life brought me closer to who I really am. And I am so grateful for it.

What is important to you? I'd love to know. Love and hugs, Sanna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen