Seiten

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2016

My New Life

Sorry for not posting earlier, but I had to handle my new job and life and everything that comes with it.

First of all, we celebrated Big L's birthday on the last day of November and he turned ubelievable ELEVEN years old. Just two more years until the teens. I cannot believe it. Time really flies. It was a great day with cake and gifts and balloons. Just perfect.

A day later my new/old job started. I expected anxiety and everything that comes with it, but nothing happened. Just nothing. Surprisingly, I had no problems getting up in the middle of the night and everything went smoothly, so I had a good first day. My class is very nice and willing to learn, they make it easy for me. It took like five minutes to be back in teaching mode and from the very first second, it felt like I have never been away. I am so blessed to be healthy. It's too good to be true and it makes my heart burst with gratitude and joy.

We are also getting prepared for the holidays. The decorations are up and so will the tree this weekend. I am really looking forward to blaring Christmas music while we sip punsch and decorate the tree. it's so much fun. Unfortunately, we only have space for a small tree and Little L already informed me that he wants a big one such as everybody else. Uhm, nope.

My new life after PPD really is wonderful and I couldn't be happier. I am thinking about the last years' Christmasses a lot lately. I remember four years ago, when I was so very sick that I spend the day with my parents, who tried to keep me from killing myself. A year later, I was still sick and spend Christmas Eve at the clinic. Big bummer. Another year later, I was just released from the clinic and it was hard, but I made it. Last year, I was back to life. It was wonderful and merry and we actually celebrate the 1-year-anniversary this month of me being symptomfree. I think a lot about those who suffer on Christmas. i think about those in the psychiatric ICU. How desperate and lonely they must feel. I think about those for whom the days of Christmas are the worst days of their year. Christmas can be wonderful and bright, but it can also be the hardest time ever. I know, cause I've been there. I know, because I haven't celebrated Christmas with my small boy the first two years of his life.

Please do me a favor. If you know someone for whom the Christmas days are hard, make it better for them. Send a card or give a hug or say a prayer. So will I.

Merry Christmas!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen