Seiten

Sonntag, 24. Juni 2018

How I'll always be

I'm a little more beer bottle beer joint than a fancy bar
I'm a little more sitting up high on the road than a little car
I'm a little more bust ya back than take it for free
And that’s how I'll always be
I'm a little more lose my temper than to sit on back
I'm a little more ol' Hank Williams than that trendy crap
I love a flat wood ol' front porch made of an old oak tree
And that's how I'll always be
I'll always be a fan of ol' stray dogs and guitars playin'
One room churches, back road walks and front porch swingin'
Sunset skies, bonfire nights, I love the simple things
That's how I'll always be
 
(Tim McGraw)
 
I can't stop listening to this song. It's running all the time in my car and it gives me comfort and peace, both at the same time.

Part of it my be, that Tim McGraw is just my all time favorite singer. I love his voice, his music and his deep South lyrics. I have no idea why as I like to call myself pretty progressive, but that feeling of home and tradition and simplicity his songs contain make me feel at ease and comfort me like no other music.

On the other hand, these lyrics let me think that my simple life as a mother, wife, teacher is just right. I do not have to be very beautiful or successful or outstanding in any other way. I am just fine the way I am. I obviously knew this before, but it is good to hear it from time to time, right?

So, this is how I'll always be:

  • Deeply in love with romance novels. I don't care if people think they are mushy or whatever. There are GREAT romance writers out there and I read them all.
  • Proud to be mothering these two boys of mine. They are obliging, polite and honest. And I am more than happy, that DH and me created this - in every way.
  • A sucker for anything pink. ;o)
  • Mad about decorations and craft supplies. Actually, shopping craft supplies and really using them are two different hobbies for me. 
  • Creating things with my own two hands. Sewing, knitting, baking. I love it.
  • In love with our backyard, which was created with love and passion and hard work. I'd always choose a nice summer night in the yard with friends over going out and partying until 3am.
  • Prefering Malibu Sprite over fancy drinks.
  • Wearing lipstick wherever I go.
  • And nailpolish.
 
What about you? Love, Sanna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen