Seiten

Montag, 9. Oktober 2017

Long time no see

Oh man, I cannot believe it's been six weeks since my last post. Time really flies, especially as we were so busy these last weeks.

We celebrated DH's 40th birthday and Linus' fifth. We are back to school for some time now and heading into fall break in two weeks time. So life is back to normal and fall really is here. The leaves are yellow and red and orange and I am back on wearing scarves and boots. We light candles with our tea time and cuddle up with books and movies. The kids play Playmobil for hours straight and I get lost in book after book.


Fall really is a wonderful time. It took me some days to adjust to real shoes (no flipflops!) and the cooler weather, but now I am just loving it. Right now, Linus is in the backyard and playing with his little friend, while I will do some laundry and then will start reading my first Christmas book. Call me crazy, but it's only six more weeks until December. I already have the first presents, so I am getting slowly prepared.

But before that, we will have a Halloween party with my SIL's family and I got a bit crazy with decorations and stuff. I am planning on doing a candy table with creepy snacks and I might have shopped Halloween t-shirts for the kids. It might seem too much or over the top for you, but I feel like it's the best I can give my kids...memories. Being a good parent is about a lot of things, but I will be so happy when in twenty years, they will remember that night and talk about it with gleaming eyes. Like "Do you remember that year Halloween when mom made us eat candy brains?" or "I will never forget the night when we ruined the carpet with  fake blood!". I will laugh with them and be happy to have created a memory that lasts a lifetime.

Because when looking back on the best days of my life, I remember the fun I had, the love I felt and the people that were by my side.

Have a great week! Love, Sanna


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen